Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Simple Search Enhancement Idea , Using "TAGGING"

I want to write two programs,

The First program is to….TAG files all files, this program will at the first stage have two layers of functionality

1. UI where I can pick files put tags on them and then store them, this of course should be highly usable in the sense that once I pick a file say an MP3 file than It could probably bring up all the MP3 files in that folder to be tagged this way I don’t have to go and pick each file this is for all the files that are already in the file system, one time TAG.

2. Well in first part we delt with the one time files but now we need to look at the new files that are created/downloaded/modified/saved on the computer. Well when any of those actions are done a pop up should appear requesting them to TAG the file, this way they don’t have to go seperately and do it they can do it as is where is.

* I would like to maintain a master maintenance for tags and keep the tags syncronised, between my files / flickr / blog post / blogs read / furl etc.

Now we come to the second program, the second program is primarily a "GDS Plugin Development", for the uninitiated the Google Desktop Search has come up with the functionality where we can build plugins into GDS, I am not sure how much functionality they provide/open but its defn worth a shot. The plugin will,when I search for a particular topic/tag, search all the content from the various realms (webs) & present it to me in ONE WINDOW.

Well, I have rattled of straing into the project with out really explaining the reasoning behind why I want to do it, well simple to be able to easily access the information when required on the basis of some context.

HOW DOES THIS SOUND TO EVERYBODY? DO YOU HAVE ANY VISUAL STUDIO GURUS WHO MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN DEVELOPING THIS?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home