Thursday, March 23, 2006

Dont lie to yourself - Blog Maverick

Mark Cuban has a nice piece as a part of his long running series "Success & Motivation", In this piece he states how important it is for a "Entreprenuer" to be "Self Aware" ....And not let confidence come in the way of being realistic of what one can / cant do. Check it out here

Excerpts from the same:

The same applies to business people and particularly to entrepreneurs and want to be entrepreneurs. We tend to be less than honest with ourselves about our strengths and weaknesses.

I have been just as bad at this as anyone, particularly when I was getting started in the business world. For those of us who dream of starting and running a business, we know that we have to have a level of confidence in our own abilities. We dont want to believe that there are things we cant do. We want to believe that if we try hard enough, work long enough, and get a little lucky, that the sky is the limit. The problem is that we let our confidence cloud our judgements of what we truly know about ourselves.

Im one of the least organized people I know. Today, i have an assistant and others that help me run my life. If you ask me where IM going to be in 3 days. I have no idea. I do know that i have a kick ass assistant who is going to make sure that when i wake up that morning, I know where Im going and how to get there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home