Thursday, May 06, 2004

An idea for Gmail, rather for any webmail

This is from the blog of Dave taylor...

Excerpts from the blog

"RSS is a pretty elegant solution to many of the most annoying problems with the Web, not the least of which is that I don't want to visit any site day after day. As I was thinking about Gmail today, wondering whether to log in and check to see if I had any email to my address there (which is d1taylor@gmail.com) I realized that RSS could be a very cool solution to that problem, one that plagues all the Web-based email systems.
Here's how I'd do it...

While not discussed too much, RSS has the ability to embed account and password information into URLs (as does, of course, everything that uses URLs). Why not have an RSS feed that I could subscribe to that would be just the from and subject information?"

It is overall a good idea, I believe that there is a lot of scope for RSS in the enterprise too, may be we need to enhance RSS before we start seeing more uses to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home