Saturday, March 04, 2006

New And Exciting Stats

Brad Feld...Has an interesting post on blog statistics....

I love stats (also know to serious people as “analytics.”)  In the past, I’ve written about the variety of stats packages I use and track regularly (e.g. at least daily.)  Today, FeedBurner came out with an upgrade to its stats that add a number of new things, including uncommon uses, the concept of “reach”, and item popularity.   Mike Arrington at Techcrunch has a comprehensive post up with screen shots - rather than repeat this here, I’ll simply point you there to take a look.



Here’s the new list as of today:



I’ve dumped the others for the following reasons:  



  • AWStats: Stats weren’t telling me much

  • Google AdSense: Google Analytics (and now BlogBeat) gives me much better data

  • Bloglet: I dumped Bloglet and use FeedBlitz, which has stats integration with FeedBurner

  • MeasureMap: Slow, wrong data, and now part of Google (hence I expect integration into Google Analytics someday)

  • Feedster: Increasingly irrelevant / redundant data

Yes – less is more in this case (since I’m getting a lot more data from the services I’m using as they evolve.)



[Via Feld Thoughts]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home