Thursday, February 23, 2006

Taking a day out...Seems look a good idea!

I need to take a day out soon!!!, I can feel my productivity reaching all time lows .

by Britt Parrott



Many people forget how routine their lives are. While this is especially true for those, like me, who have a regular 9-5 job, freelancers often get into their own routines, even while being less constrained by hours and location.

Doing the same thing over, day after day, contributes to creative blocks. Some might work through these blocks temporarily (by visiting sites such as this one), but it neglects the root cause of what got them into the block in the first place: routine.

I schedule a day out for myself as often as possible. I don’t call it a day off because those are usually taken for a specific purpose: a trip, work around the house, etc. For me, a day out is a way to temporarily break out of my routine. In the process, I usually get a boost of creativity.



[Via To-Done]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home